Microsoft Windows is the GUI operating system which was developed by Microsoft Cooperation. It is compatible with most of the software programs available in the market. The easy user interface makes it a popular choice to users. It also offers a stable ABI and a binary compatibility. The screenshot, also termed as screen capture, takes a capture of your screen and portrays the contents in the computer display. In simple words, it can be described as a photo of the screen.
Taking a screenshot and using it for multiple purposes has become a part of our mundane routine. It is also an important tool proving the evidence of many facts. In the below article we will check how to take a screenshot in Windows easily and without any hassle.
Method 1: Snip & Sketch
Screenshot can be taken in widows through this tool. It is extremely easy to access and also allows you to write notes on screenshot
- In order to take a screenshot, navigate to Snip & Sketch window; click the new button in the upper-left to initiate a screen capture.
- A tiny menu will appear at the top of your screen where you will be prompted to choose which type of screenshot you want to take — rectangular, free-form or full-screen. Alternately, you can also click the down-arrow button next to the New button in the Snip & Sketch window to delay a snip for a few seconds
- After taking a screenshot, it gets loaded to Snip & Sketch, where you can write a note with the pencil, pen and other tools. Your screenshot gets copied to your clipboard.
Method 2: By this help of Snipping Tool
This is the most commonly used technique employed for taking the screenshot. It allows editing option in the snips.
- For taking a screenshot, click the New button. (Generally, the snip is rectangular by default, but you can also take free-form and full-screen snips along with a window snip)
- However, the screenshots are not automatically saved using the snipping tool. You need to manually save the same.
Method 3: By the help of Print Screen
- If you want to capture the entire screen, tap the Print Screen key.
- The screenshot may not get saved as a file, but it will be copied to the clipboard.
- With the help of an image editing tool (like Microsoft Paint), paste the screenshot in the editor
- Save the file to your preferred location
Method 4: By holding Windows key + Print Screen
This has screen capturing very easy and is used to effectively capture your entire screen
- Hold the Windows key+ print screen button
- Capture is taken
- To save the screenshot to use this tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. The screenshot will be saved Screenshots folder of pictures.
Method 5: By pressing Windows key + shift-S
The keyboard shortcut Windows key + shift-S allows to capture a screenshot with Snip & Sketch.
- Hold the Windows key + shift-S
- Click save
Method 6: By holding Alt + Print Screen
This is another convenient method for capturing screenshot of the active window.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Alt + PrtScn
- The screenshot gets copied to the clipboard.
- For saving it open the screenshot in an image editor.
Method 7: With the help of Game bar:
Game bar can also be used to take a screenshot.
- Hit the Windows key + G key to go to the Game bar.
- Click the screenshot button in the Game bar or use the default keyboard shortcut Windows key + Alt + PrtScn to take a screenshot.
Steps for setting your own Game bar screenshot keyboard shortcut
- Go to Settings,
- Click on Gaming then go to Game bar.
- You can enable Game bar from the settings by toggling on Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar.
Method 8: By pressing Windows Logo + Volume Down
You can also use this physical button to take a screenshot.
- Navigate to the Windows Logo touch button at the bottom of your Surface screen and hit the physical volume-down button on the side of the tablet.
- The screen will dim briefly and the screenshot will be automatically saved to the Screenshots folder in Pictures.
Hence above are the ways in which a screenshot can be taken. Use any of the above methods to take your screenshot easily